Volunteers Parade is quickly approaching. On Saturday, April 9th, we will be hosting the biggest event of the National Cherry Blossom Festival. Here are some quick reminders, as things can be very overwhelming:
- The National Cherry Blossom Festival Parade® is down Constitution Avenue between 7th and 17th ST NW!
- Street Parking there is NONE! Please note there are many street closures for our Parade, as well as other events going on the same day. Please give yourself plenty of time to travel.
- there are two volunteer check-in tents (East End and West End), make sure you check in at the correct one to prevent yourself from walking 10 blocks.
- Please wear dark or black pants and closed-toed shoes.
- Volunteer Shirts – if you have volunteered with us this year or in the past, you can reuse your Green Volunteer Shirt. If this is your first time volunteering, a long-sleeved shirts will be distributed at check-in.
- We have ZERO storage space, keep that in mind as you prepare!
Masks: Masks are encouraged outside when you cannot social distance. Indoors, masks are required!
THIS EVENT IS RAIN OR SHINE, PLEASE COME PREPARED.
As always, if you are interested in volunteering, we still have a few spots available! Please sign up to volunteer here!
Check In Locations – There are two check in locations. You will receive an email with specific instructions on which location to check in at.
- East End – roles that check in at East End include:
- Assembly Logistics
- Balloon Handlers
- Banner Carriers
- East End Ushers (*pay attention to the information in your reminder email)
- Telecast Prop Coordination (*pay attention to the information in your reminder email)
- Parade Merchandise
- Talent Wranglers
- West End
- Dispersal Logistics
- West End Ushers (*pay attention to the information in your reminder email)
- West End Prop Coordination (*pay attention to the information in your reminder email)
Check out the Parade Presentation from Volunteer Orientation