Volunteer Orientation is on Friday, March 11th at 5:30 PM! An “open-house” style event, Orientation is the time to learn about the Festival events for which you are volunteering! See below on what to expect:
How does it work?
Each room is assigned a different event or topic for you to learn, each with half-hour sessions (with the exception of Parade, this has only one (1 – hour) session). Throughout the night, you’ll have the opportunity to visit up to FOUR different presentations. The sessions all start and stop at the sound of a bell! You do not need to be signed up for an event to attend the session.
How do you make the most of this time?
- Visit the room for each of the events you are signed up for or are interested in.
- Signed up for Tidal Basin? It would be helpful to attend the Information Session as well since you will be interacting with the most tourists.
- Ask questions! Festival Staff will be stationed throughout the event so ask away!
- Sign up for shifts onsite with Isabella! There will be giveaways for onsite signups!
- Introduce yourself to your fellow volunteers!
Schedule of Events
5:30pm – Doors Open, Snacks Available
6:00pm – Opening Remarks in Atrium by the snacks
6:05pm – 1st Bell, head to your 1st class!
6:35pm – 2nd Bell, 2nd Class and Parade Session Begins
7:05pm – 3rd Bell, Contnuation of the Parade Session, Festival Overview, Tidal Basin/Paws & Petals, Petalpalooza and Festival Overview!
7:35pm – 4th Bell…last class or utilize this time to seek out staff and get your questions answered!
8:05pm – Event Concludes, see you next at the Festival!
National Housing Center
1201 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
Please RSVP HERE, and don’t forget to bring your PHOTO ID and Vax Card!!
See you on Friday, March 11th!
Can’t make 2022 Volunteer Orientation? You’ll be able to view each presentation after the event. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a presentation.