1. Why do you want to volunteer for the Cherry Blossom Festival?
It is really so much fun! I am able to actively contribute to the signature festival of DC and meet people with different backgrounds with whom with whom I share the same interests.
2. What is your favorite blossom event and why?
My favorite event is the Blossom Kite Festival. The participation is amazing! Fliers vary from professional ones to young kids that have just made their first kite. It is beautiful to see the area around the Washington Monument full of kites!
3. How would you describe Washington, DC to a friend?
I think that Washington DC is a city where we have a balanced lifestyle. You can cycle, visit the parks and take part in cultural activities (that in many cases are cost-free) suitable for every taste and age!
4. What are three hobbies that you enjoy?
I really enjoy dancing, playing sudoku and cooking.
5. Where are you originally from? How long have you lived in the area?
I am originally from Greece and I have been living in DC for the past 3 years.
6. What are you most excited about seeing in the festival events this year?
Apart from the Kite Festival, I cannot wait for the Opening Ceremony. Warner Theatre is great and the performers are so gifted!
7. Have you attended any previous festival events?
Yes, I have attended several events and this is how I decided to volunteer for the Festival!
8. What is your favorite DC restaurant?
The restaurant I love going to is called Mama Ayesha’s, in Adams Morgan! I am a big fan of the food and the atmosphere!
9. What do you picture when someone mentions the cherry blossom parade?
Floats everywhere! Bands and artists groups from different areas full of energy and ready to make the audience celebrate with them!
10. What else do you want to share about yourself?
I can never resist a red velvet cupcake…..!