At Samuel Becketts Irish Gastro Pub in Shirlington!
2800 South Randolph St, Suite 110,
Arlington VA 22206
June 5th from 6:00pm-8:00pm
This Thursday I am dragging all of you DC’ers out of your comfort zone and bringing you to my neck of the woods. Don’t worry, it is really close to DC…you will be surprised. No need to RSVP. Just come and find me (Ruby) when you get there. For those of you that cannot make it, dont worry, most of our gatherings will take place in DC and there will be many more. But for those of you that can join, we’re gonna have a great happy hour AND a great band will be playing later. It’ll be a blast so dont be shy and meet me there!
New Volunteer Opportunity!
Participate in this years Restaurant Association Awards on Sunday, June 22nd! Volunteers will get to see this glamorous event come together and be able to enjoy the party as a guest when you are through with your shift.
This is a DO NOT miss kind of event! The details:
Saturday, June 21st – Event Set Up
- Learn from the best! Volunteers will be working directly with Christopher Vazquez of Amaryllis Floral & Event Design.
- Two shift choices: 11am-4pm or 4pm to 9pm
- Saturday volunteers should plan to volunteer part of the time on Sunday so they can see their work come to fruition AND enjoy the party!
- Uniform: casual within reason. You may get a little dirty. Close-toed shoes please, no flip flops allowed during set up!
Sunday, June 22nd – Event Day!
- Positions range from making centerpieces (arts and crafts), to moving tables into place, dropping linens, coordinating gift bags, serving as directional help at the event, and more.
- Lead volunteers with Event Experience will have the opportunity to work the registration area with Gina Dakouni, Director of Sales & Marketing for Lima & FUJIMAR.
- Other volunteers will be helping throughout the event with wristbands, gift bags, etc.
- All volunteers are welcome to enjoy the party once they are done with their assigned duties.
- Shift times vary: see Gina for additional details.
- Uniform: BLACK TIE! You will not be able to work or attend the event if you are not dressed appropriately. Do bring a change of shoes if needed as you may be standing for a long period of time during the time you are volunteering.
To sign up for this exciting volunteer opportunity, please send the following to Gina:
– Your resume (okay if you do not have event experience)
– Which shift/day you would like to work
– And why you are interested in working this event.